Wednesday, April 14, 2010

SPRING TIME AT MELROSE

Spring has arrived! The tulips are in full bloom and the bees are a buzzin'. 
My Mom made a trip up to Birmingham to help me in the yard. Jill has a green thumb. She was a naturalist at Wind Creek State Park in Alexander City and then Lakepoint State Park in Eufaula, so she knows her stuff! She was extremely helpful and I learned a lot. Plus she bought me some pretty flowers to plant! Not sure the names of the flowers, but I know the yellow will "run" and spread and the red is to match the shutters. 

If you haven't noticed, the pollen is everywhere right now! Mom was kind enough to attempt to sweep it off the brick. It looked good while it lasted. Pollen should have been created brown or black to blend in with nature, not neon yellow/green that shows up everywhere! I could sweep all day long and the same amount of pollen would be back the next. 

The nice owners before us left these pretty, cement pots. Mom and I planted a hosta in each. It really adds a nice touch to the porch. I can't wait to see the flowers - it is a surprise!




Thanks Mom for all your help! Can't wait to do it again. Next project, the backyard - scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment