Wednesday, April 7, 2010

WATERCOLOR

My design mind has been triggered lately by a lot of watercolor designs. I don't know if it is because of our current camp 2010 theme at work, or what, but I love it. I incorporated watercolor into my blog header, my friend Lacey's save the dates, and eventually in a design identity for myself. 

I recently stumbled upon the works of Kristy Rice from Monumental Designs through one of my favorite invitation blogs, Oh So Beautiful Paper. Her work is phenomenal. She uses a combination of watercolor and ink to create custom designs. I love her sparse brush stokes and simplicity allowing the watercolors to be the focus. Here are some images of one of my favorite pieces she designed for her save the dates to her 10-year renewal service:



And, the renewal wedding invitations: 

[all images Kristy Rice via Oh So Beautiful Paper]

She letter pressed the invitations and then added touches of "shimmering copper and cobalt blue" to "give our guests a sense of how the water reflects light on the towering rocks and dances shadows in every direction". They turned out absolutely stunning. Her work is such an inspiration.

Here are some more of my favorite watercolor/paint inspirations:

[unknown]
This, along with several images, was my inspiration for my blog header. [unknown - I have seen this illustration many places, but I keep forgetting to note the artist, sorry!]


[uknown]


No comments:

Post a Comment