Wednesday, October 27, 2010

COLLECTABLES

I have developed a fascination with tea cups and saucers. I believe it started when I was introduced to these beautiful pieces. They are so pretty and dainty. I would love to have a whole collection, mix matched of course, that I can display. I have been considering installing small hooks underneath the top ledge of my buffet to create a display similar to this:
[via nest egg]
[unknown]

So, I am now on a mission to start collecting antique tea cups - at a reasonable price. If I get enough I may just hang them like above. I have seen these metal tree stands at various stores, but I think this is another creative use for them.

Here are some other collections that would be creative to display.

[marley and lockyer] LOVE the antique clocks! + the ceramic pitchers sitting above. Very simple and cottage chic.
[elle decor via urban grace]

[via a life's design] They used old maps to wall paper this room. I think the muted color tones in the maps work well together and does not seem to harsh on all the walls. 

[via la dolce vita] Bring out all your trophies from your glory days! These are a hot commodity! I actually purchased my first one this past weekend. 

Do you collect something? Do you display it? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment