Monday, November 29, 2010

HOLIDAY GIFT

Brandon and I had our first wedding shower in Birmingham the other weekend and it was a blast. It was themed an "entertainment" shower and we received some awesome gifts ranging from serving ware, utensils, baking accessories, tailgate gear (WAR EAGLE!), and an awesome cozy blanket! The hosts and hostesses were amazing and could have not made it anymore perfect.

I wanted to share the gift I made for the hosts because I thought it turned out cute and with the holidays right around the corner -- it may be a quick and easy gift for you to make as well. It is appropriate for male or female recipients.

My Dad and his 2 buddies developed this delicious pork dry rub recipe and he was so gracious to make me a big batch to bottle. The ingredients and proportions are top secret, but you can find several other recipes online. This one looks good to me: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/BBQ-Dry-Rub/Detail.aspx I packaged them in ball mason jars and attached stainless steel tongs along with a recipe on how to use the rub. What do you think?





*NOTE: Yes, Dad and his 2 buddies named themselves the "Woman Haters Club", but they do NOT hate women ;) it is merely a joke on the wives so they won't nag!

Here are some pictures from the party:



Check out Brandon's excitement about the gravy boat! ;)


Me with my fashionista, Dana -- she is such a great help with all things fashion, and look for her blog coming soon!


1 comment: