Friday, July 29, 2011

AFFORDABLE ART

I think an easy way to spruce up a room in a house is adding framed art and, the bigger the better. I know several blogs have done similar posts to this, but in case you haven't seen them I wanted to share my favorite prints, artists, and shops.


1. Etsy, of course: This fun and hand-made site has millions of amazing artists and cool shops that sell anything from vintage and modern prints to charcoal sketches and acrylic paintings and more! Here are a few of my favorites -
I love all of her bright colors and abstract heavy strokes

This artist appears to be on vacay right now, but check back in a month to see more of her beautiful artwork! 

I love all of her sweet watercolors. She always chooses a beautiful, subtle color palette and leaves enough white space on the page for the illustration to breath.
How pretty would a collection be of these birds and feathers? In a white frame and white matte ... note to self.

kari herer
Her illustrations and photography have been featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, Lonny Magazine, and several awesome blogs. I really love her work and can't wait to get my hands on a few of her pieces.
 magnolia and flower illustration
anter no. 6944

Her photographs are so calming and serene. I especially love her focus on nature and the outdoors. There are so many I wish I could post, but that would be overwhelming so here a few of my favorites.

2. 20x200: This site features graphic prints from various artists in several sizes. They are constantly adding new art work and replacing old or sold out items. It is fun to browse through all the different styles and mediums. Here are some of my current favorites-
the black and white contrast in this photograph is brilliant. 
This artist has a series of these beach photographs. I have seen gorgeous large scale versions of this scene in rooms and it makes such a statement. I actually have one framed on my mantel at Melrose and the colors are captivating. 

3. Poster Cabaret: This site also sells posters and prints produced by several artists. I have not ordered from this site, but they have some amazing art work I would love to introduce to Melrose.
This lithograph print is from the talented children's book author, Charley Harper. I love the punch of yellow in this sea of neutral tones. 

4. deviantART: This is an online social network for artists where anyone can sell their artwork on paper or products. I just recently discovered this website and have simply browsed a few times. I am sure there is more fabulous art work for sell on it than I am posting. 

Do you have any other favorite shops where you buy art work? If so, please share! I love finding new sites for inspiration. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Hopefully I can share what was in the big box next week!

for more art options, check out my pinterest art board

No comments:

Post a Comment