Thursday, July 12, 2012

METAL CONSOLE SINKS

I'm back from my vacay! I still wish I was there, but it's back to the real world for me. Well, the other weekend I followed through with painting my bathroom Benjamin Moore's Newburg Green. It really looks great and is still as bright as ever in the daytime. I am finishing up some last minute touches before I share before and after pictures, but accessorizing the bathroom really got my inspiration wheels turning. Since this bathroom is tiny and lacks any counter space, I have been researching optional shelving. I didn't find too many solutions besides the ordinary, but I have become fascinated with metal console sinks. What is your opinion on them? 


Yes, you do loose storage/cabinet space which may not be ideal for all bathrooms, but boy are they gorgeous! They give the impression of industrial style with the exposed pipes and metal legs, but chic and modern at the same time. Whether it is marble, tile, or a painted wall, these look beautiful in a clean white space. Check out these fabulous bathrooms below. 



This cute blogger has glamourous style and taste - check her home tour - you won't believe the before and afters! I was fascinated with her sources too - a perfect balance of spending your money on the big items that make the most impact and saving in other areas.


designed by Suzanne Kasler for Architectural Digest April 2012 via splendid sass




 a darker approach, but just as gorgeous

 via lonny mag


 what beautiful combinations of marble in here - do I spy three different styles?





Jenna Lyons' former bathroom via simply smitten

all other sources via my pinterest board

Are you sold? Would you give up your private storage under the sink to install one of these? 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention! I love my console sink and I have a big cabinet in my bathroom I use to store everything. I actually deliberately wanted no room on my sink to leave any junk because if you give me the space I will leave my blowdryer, etc. out all day. Love your blog and your yard looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne! The cabinet in your bathroom is not only so cute, but perfect for all your storage. I would definitely want to do something similar, maybe one day! ;)

      BTW, I am obsessed with your home renovation -- I think I have pinned every room! You did an amazing job and I can't wait to see more progress and upcoming projects!

      Delete
  2. I have been drooling over console sinks too, haha ! - especially after I saw the amazing brass one Bailey used in her home renovation featured on Peppermint Bliss
    http://www.peppermintbliss.com/2012/06/beforeafter-george-banks-master-bedroom/ \

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh wow! Thanks for sharing! I agree - her brass sink is gorgeous! Thanks for following!

      Delete